Business Development Representative
Socati is a leading processor of broad-spectrum hemp extracts and a subsidiary of a publicly traded Yooma Wellness. Socati’s headquarters is located in Austin, Texas, with its USDA organic manufacturing facility in Missoula, Montana. The company provides a top-quality and consistent product for a CBD market projected to reach over $5B billion by 2022. With an ability to create USDA organic customizable CBD products, Socati is built to serve the needs of large, international CPG companies while also servicing the largest CBD brands in the USA and Europe.
Are you a follower of CBD news? Does your experience include creating customer lists based on competitor research? Do you consider yourself tech savvy and a fact finding professional?
A successful Business Development Representative will have a strong work ethic, passion to be part of the fast-growing Hemp/CBD industry, and the drive to not only meet but exceed sales targets. This individual will be self-disciplined, organized and ambitious. They will have the opportunity to learn from the best by working alongside top performers on the sales team. Self-motivated individuals looking to build a solid foundation in the emerging new Hemp/CBD market category are an ideal fit for this position.
The Lead Generation Manager will be focused on proactive prospecting via calls and emails, logging customer activity results in our CRM, and scheduling demo appointments. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our sales and marketing efforts.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prospect and identify customers via outbound email campaigns and qualifying in-bound emails and calls
- Use digital savviness to source potential opportunities for the sale organization
- Be willing to cold call when needed
- Become an expert in the CBD industry landscape and core B2B (Business to Business) customers (i.e. CBD brands, CBD retailers, and CPG brands) and maintain knowledge of the CBD/Hemp market at all times
- Target consumer packaged goods brands in the food, beverage and cosmetics space
- Accurately obtain pertinent and required information during each prospect engagement
- Manage expectations and overcome objections
- Reach and exceed key performance indicators including calls scheduled, calls completed, qualified opportunities and deals closed from your transfers
- Develop skills necessary to realize career advancement opportunities
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using a CRM
- Establish rapport and schedule demos with potential customers, while making detailed notes in our CRM
- Collaboratively work with sales, marketing, and leadership to develop lead generation strategies to generate lead opportunities with prospective customers
- Provide consistent, concise, and accurate internal and external communications
- Report on weekly activity
- Effectively communicate and present the product solution and value proposition to customers
- Minimum 2 years B2B sales experience in the CBD, food, beverage, fashion or cosmetics industry
- Minimum of 2 years lead generation experience
- 1+ year experience utilizing LinkedIn for lead generation and research
- 1+ year experience with Hubspot and Salesforce
- 1+ year experience using Excel, Google Sheets and Gmail
- 4 year degree
- Takes initiative and doesn’t require micromanaging
- Willing and eager to learn
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to wear multiple hats
- Good with structure but also okay with the startup environment
- Strong work ethic
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Team player with high energy and positive attitude
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
Why Work with Us?
This is a unique opportunity to join a close-knit, rapidly growing startup team and help us improve a key piece of the organization. Socati’s leadership team has a proven track record of startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. It’s a great time to be part of our success story! Socati is passionate about our mission and looking for an exceptionally talented customer lead generator to join our amazing team. You will be surrounded by smart, dynamic, and friendly team members while working in your remote location. In an effort to put our employees first, we offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Benefits of Working for Socati
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Compensation will be dependent on experience.
Check us out: socati.com
Socati is an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, and veteran status.
Manager of Contract Manufacturing
This new position will select, grow and manage Socati’s network of contract manufacturers. Products manufactured will include CBD infused gummies, tinctures, stick packs, capsules and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain co-manufacturing partnerships, measure and track KPIs, and resolve day to day issues.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, including meeting production schedules and ensuring that all products meet specifications and quality requirements.
- Provide effective project management for growth and productivity improvement.
- Work with the commercial team to identify and qualify co-manufacturers that have capabilities aligned with our current and future needs.
- Frequent customer interactions, willing and able to help sell customers on our capabilities
- Production Cost
- On time delivery
- Customer complaints
- Engineering degree preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent education in combination with relevant experience.
- Finished goods manufacturing experience required
- Experience in different functional areas of operations and supply chain management
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Experience with food and supplement manufacturing
- Excellent project management skills and decision-making skills
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and workflows
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork oriented
- A willingness to learn plant processes, products and customers
- Willingness to work off-hours on tasks unrelated to primary responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Typical hours are Monday-Friday days, with evening/weekend work as needed.
- Typically, will work in an office environment but may be required to work in cold, hot, wet, dusty, or humid environments.
- May be exposed to odors or noise.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as goggles, gloves, or lab coats when visiting production areas
- Able to travel as needed.
- Compensation will be dependent on experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance, Long and Short-Term Disability
- Unlimited PTO Plan
- Ten paid holiday a year
Apply for this position on Indeed.