Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician performs a variety of quality assurance inspections, testing, and analysis to assure that all incoming items and outgoing final products meet or exceed established specifications. This position provides ongoing feedback to the Production Team to ensure that adequate data is being collected and recorded during the production process. This position also assists in regulatory compliance, vendor compliance, and food safety compliance for the facility.
Location: Missoula, Montana
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation and documentation of GMP and other quality system initiatives at Socati.
- Maintain food safety awareness at all times.
- Ensure paperwork and reports associated with projects or products are accurately completed.
- Handle samples to submit for analyses according to SOPs.
- Maintain thorough inventories of samples and retains.
- Maintain records of all quality activities as documented in SOPs and test methods.
- Conduct audits, review and analyze data and documentation.
- Audit and maintain record keeping of GMP and CCP compliance.
- Review incoming and outgoing materials against specification.
- Identify nonconformities and assist in their correction.
- Assist in maintaining documentation system.
- Follow detailed technical procedures and maintain appropriate paperwork associated with tasks.
- Maintain calibration records for key pieces of equipment.
- Report deficiencies or malfunction to the supervisor.
- Improve laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Effectively communicate with relevant persons to complete projects using clear, concise language either verbally or written.
- Prepare cost reports on scientific instrumentation or materials needed for any given project.
- Adhere to deadlines for projects and reports.
- Remain cognizant of all potential hazards when processing product, conducting experiments, or building new equipment and be prepared to react quickly and safely.
- Effectively track and communicate with relevant persons, to complete short and long term projects.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally on troubleshooting.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork associated with tasks.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Work as part of a team or independently on all job duties.
- Complete tasks with a pleasant attitude.
- Complete other tasks as directed and assigned.
- Timely and accurate reporting of time-keeping records.
- Audit and reporting of cleaning logs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related field or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of applicable food regulations and food safety.
- Understanding of common extraction and distillation techniques.
- Ability to work with multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork oriented.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Willingness to work off-hours on tasks unrelated to primary responsibilities when necessary.
Apply for this position on Indeed.