The Extraction Technician will be responsible for safely and effectively converting cannabinoid raw materials into high quality, food safe oils and water dispersible products.
Location: Missoula, Montana
- Performing his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all safety regulations for Socati and the industry.
- Carrying out all extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner that complies with SQF, GMP, OSHA regulations, Socati SOP’s and all applicable laboratory procedures.
- Packaging of Socati broad product line as needed.
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product transfer procedures.
- Following appropriate control measures to prevent improper mixing of production components while following Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performing in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceed Socati specifications.
Quality assurance work shall include but not be limited to:
- Recording and monitoring process conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout Socati process.
- Continually strive to improve Socati processes for improved safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing.
- Support new product and process development.
- Monitoring and managing lab and processing equipment supplies and inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred.
- Strong understanding of the principles of biochemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Experience with simple and fractional distillation and crystallization.
- Experience with Short Path Distillation (SPD) equipment.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, techniques, and scientific method.
- Operational ability with common scientific laboratory equipment, including repairs and adjustments specialized knowledge.
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests. simultaneously without losing focus
- Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to build good relationships during frequent contact with clients and coworkers by telephone, email or in person.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
- Collaborate with others to improve overall standards of work and service.
- Open minded person with the ability to adjust to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Self-motivating, forward thinking problem solver with a highly professional demeanor.
- Exhibits successful leadership through personal integrity and exemplary work ethics.
- Positive approach to challenges.
- Excellent communication and “people” skills.
- Professional and personable working relationship with internal and external customer.
- Dependable, reliable and able to work independently or as directed.
- Typical shifts are Monday-Friday days, with evening/weekend work as needed.
- May be required to work in cold, hot, wet, dusty, or humid environments.
- May be exposed to odors or noise.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as goggles, gloves, lab coats, or respirator as necessary.
- May be required to work with potentially hazardous materials while wearing PPE and following instructions to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Constant – speaking and hearing.
- Frequent – repetitive hand motions such as typing or data entry.
- Frequent – standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and eye/hand coordination.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs with assistance.
Benefits of Working for Socati:
- Socati offers a competitive wage.
- Open PTO plan to use as needed.
- Full medical PPO insurance plan that is 100% paid for the employee by Socati.
- Groundbreaking industry experience.
- Ownership of the job and freedom to resolve problems and create solutions.
- A supportive culture that encourages health and personal improvement.
Socati is an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, and veteran status.
Due to requirements in the Farm Bill, Socati cannot employ any person convicted of certain crimes within a 10-year timeframe of the date of conviction. Therefore, background checks are required upon the offer of any position with Socati.
Apply for this position by emailing your resume / CV to email@example.com.